It opened on October 1, 1971 with only the Magic Kingdom theme park and has since added Epcot (October 1, 1982), Disney’s Hollywood Studios (May 1, 1989) and Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park (April 22, 1998).
Its original theme park, Magic Kingdom, is designed similarly to Disneyland. Walt Disney created “Disney World” in order to have a vacation resort that was much different from Disneyland’s one-day visit; this includes a much wider variety of sports, recreation, uniquely-themed resort hotels and entertainment.
Walt Disney World Resort Features Four Theme Parks:
Two Water Parks:
Five Golf Courses:
Numerous Other Attractions Including:
On-site Disney Resorts & Accommodations
The Disney resorts are classified into five categories: Deluxe, Moderate, Value, Disney Vacation Club Villas, and Campground.
A new concept was announced in June 2010 with the announcement of the Golden Oak at Walt Disney World Resort luxury residential community, featuring homes designed by the Walt Disney Company.
On-site Disney Theme Park & Resort Dining
Visitors to Walt Disney World can enjoy snacks and meals at over 100 select restaurants throughout Walt Disney World Resort, including some restaurants that feature Disney Character Dining. From contemporary to casual, elegant to enchanting, there many dining options to suit every taste and dining occasion.
Walt Disney World Resort Map
Click the following link to locate attractions, entertainment, dining, shopping, hotels, parking lots, transportation and guest services with the Walt Disney World Resort interactive map.
Our Free Guides For The Walt Disney World (WDW) Resort Orlando
The following links provide access to our popular free Disney Traveller travel guides for the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando.
These travel guides will assist Australian, New Zealand and all international travellers to access essential travel information that is required to research their holiday, save money, make a vacation booking, plan for their pending trip and most importantly enjoy their next vacation to the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida.
- Our International Travellers Guide For The Walt Disney World Resort Orlando
- Our International Travellers Guide For The Magic Kingdom
- Our international Travellers Guide For Epcot
- Our international Travellers Guide For Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Our International Travellers Guide For Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Our International Travellers Guide For Blizzard Beach Water Park
- Our International Travellers Guide For Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
- Our International Travellers Guide For Downtown Disney (Disney World)
- Our Australian / New Zealand Travel Guide to Walt Disney World